A question for you…which dinner guest(s) would you get your best silver out for?
‘JFK jnr and Carolyn Bessette’ says Belinda McPherson (of Banjo and Matilda fame, designer of gorgeous Cashmere)
‘Johnny Depp’ according to Terry Kaljo (Hotelier)
‘Freddie Mercury’ says Connie Mitchell (Sneaky Sound System)
‘Oscar Wilde or Edie Sedgwick’ according to Paula Joye (TV personality, former Magazine editor)
An intriguing question and guaranteed to ignite stimulating conversation. Throw in ‘dead or alive’ and you’ve got yourself a dinner party conversation warranting more than a bottle or two of your best vintage…
My choice adapts according to mood…right now my list includes:
- Grace Kelly (Style Icon – to absorb her sense of innate style and grace)
- Will Anderson (Comedienne – for his acerbic wit, and he’s sexy, and he likes cats),
- Serge Gainsbourg (Iconic Individualist – just to stir the melting pot),
- David Suzuki (Environmental Activist – for his realistic take on receding Glaciers)
- Sheldon Cooper (the character – purely for a smacking dose of ‘Sheldonisms’).
That’s six including me, I can’t fit more around my table.
But what about you?
Yeah sure you’d pull the best silverware out for your lover, partner, best friend, mother…but I’m talking ‘the’ guest or guests you’d probably feel the need to brag about afterward.
Name YOUR top five now…